The Official CompTIA A+ Core 1 course provides the background knowledge and skills students will require to become successful A+ technicians. It will help students prepare to take the CompTIA A+ Core 1 certification examination (exam number 220-1001), which counts as a credit to attaining the CompTIA A+ certification.
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles.
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) Certification Exam.
How will this Course help You
In this course, students will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. Furthermore, students will:
- Support operating systems
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows
- Explain network infrastructure concepts
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections