This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
This course is for Azure Administrators who manage cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
Before taking this course, students should have:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
How will this Course help You
After completing this course, students will understand:
- Azure Administration Tools including Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI and Resource Manager
- Azure virtual machines including planning, creating, availability and extensions
- Azure Storage including Azure files and storage security
- Virtual Networking
- Intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering, VNet-to-VNet connections, Site-to-Site Connections, and ExpressRoute
- Monitoring Azure infrastructure including Azure Monitor, alerting, log analytics, and Network Watcher
- Data replication strategies, backing up files and folders, and virtual machine backups
- Network Traffic Management
- Azure Active Directory in Azure AD Connect and Azure AD Join
- Securing identities including Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Self-Service Password Reset
- Governance and Compliance
- Data Services